With a tag line that reads, “Better pizza. Better Ingredients”, Papa John’s have built a great reputation for itself by offering fast food that’s generally better for the populace. With the recent push for people to eat healthier, even fast food chains are following suit. Papa John’s has recently included itself in the list, although, it has always been an advocate for better food.
As many of us know, Papa John’s has always been working hard on providing fresh meals to consumers. For the longest time, it has been the only pizza chain to not use frozen doughs. It has also taken great pride in its all-natural sauce, 100% real beef and pork, and vegetables that are sliced fresh daily in stores.
But a lot of folks don’t think that all of these meal preparation methods are enough to make the pizza chain a healthy food source. Papa John’s heard the clamor and is currently working hard on improving their menu items to better embody the company slogan. So far, the chain has accomplished to do the following:
- Removed MSG or monosodium glutamate from its ranch dressing. While MSG did provide the umami flavor to the sauce, it is a lot healthier not to use this ingredient, hence its elimination from the recipe.
- Removed cellulose from mozzarella cheese. Cellulose is an additive, common used in dairy products. It is used to stabilize these food items, as well as lower its fat contents. It’s safe for consumption, but because it is basically just powdered wood pulp, it’s not something you want in your system.
- Became the first fast food chain to remove high fructose corn syrup from the entire menu. HCFS is believed to cause great health risks than other sweeteners, including metabolic issues like diabetes and obesity.
- Aims to only offer chicken that were raised without human and animal antibiotics and only fed a vegetarian diet. This ensures that the chicken you’ll be eating from this chain is all-natural and free of chemicals that can be harmful to your health.
- Has a concrete “NO” list that includes trans-fats, fillers in core meat toppings, BHA, BHT, and partially hydrogenated oils. These artificial ingredients have been eliminated from the preparation of the chain’s menu, so consumers can enjoy healthier meals.
As Papa John’s have been created to offer the public healthier options when it comes to pizzas, their recent move to eliminate artificial ingredients shows great commitment in staying true to their promise of “Better Pizzas. Better Ingredients.”