The Toby Carvery menu isn’t just about the Sunday roast and its trimmings despite the close association between carveries and meats.
Vegans and vegetarians will find several choices that will meet their special dietary needs, even their budgets for dining out. Such choices mean that meat lovers and omnivores can share the same tables in one of the United Kingdom’s largest carvery chain.
Here are the vegan and vegetarian options on the menu as well as tips on dining out as a vegetarian or vegan. Indeed, there’s no reason to let others enjoy the fun of dining out at a carvery while you stay at home!
Vegan and Vegetarian Delights
While being a vegan or vegetarian in the United Kingdom has its challenges, many restaurant owners and operators are realizing the profitability of catering to the special dietary needs involved in these lifestyles. The Toby Carvery chain of restaurants is one of them so it’s good news for everybody who’s into the lifestyle or who knows somebody who’s into it.
The vegan and vegetarian delights on the menu are currently limited to five dishes, perhaps more in many locations. The number may be significantly smaller in comparison with the main menu but quality beats quantity in this case.
A few of the dishes are:
- The Portobello Mushroom Bullseye Tart is as delicious and nutritious as it sounds. The suet pastry is the flavorful base for the indulgent mushroom-rich sauce, which are then topped with yummy Portobello mushrooms.
- Spiced Carrot and Chickpea Wellington is a classic British fare with flavors that never go out of style, palate-wise. The dish consists of a carrots, chickpeas, and lentils with the spicy hints from the crushed chili, which are then wrapped in a crispy wholegrain mustard puff pastry.
- Broccoli and Brie Parcel combines the goodness of broccoli florets, sliced mushrooms, and melted brie with a creamy sauce finish. These are then wrapped in a flavorful puff pastry.
Other choices include the Pepper and Pomegranate Tart, the Shepherd’s Pie, and Nut Roast Wellington. Plus, every order of these vegan and vegetarian dishes come with unlimited portions of steamed seasonal vegetables, sauces, and gravy. If you have these options, you will not shy away from invitations to eat at the carvery nearest your place!
Dining Out as a Vegan or Vegetarian
When you know what to do and order, you will be surprised at the number of vegan and vegetarian options in regular restaurants. You can accompany your meat-loving family and friends to these restaurants without bringing along your own food in plastic containers. You can keep these tips in mind for this reason.
- Ask about the vegetarian and vegan options.
- Request for the food to be prepared according to your special dietary needs, which often requires just a few tweaks.
- Go for the curries but be prepared for the mild to moderate spiciness of the food.
Of course, the best options are vegan and vegetarian restaurants with dedicated menus. But don’t limit yourself to these restaurants either as you will find the Toby Carvery menu to be a surprising delight.