There’s nothing “maybe or perhaps” about the world-class quality of the dishes and desserts at May Sum, one of the foremost Asian buffets in the United Kingdom.
The restaurant offers a comprehensive selection of the best in Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Malaysian cuisine via its numerous food stations including a noodle bar, a sushi bar, and a teppanyaki grill.
May Sum was incorporated on 21 March 2007 as a private limited Company. Its registered office address is at 48-52 Penny lane Mossley Hill in Liverpool, Meryseyside.
Below are the estimated May Sum prices:
Monday - Sunday (12:00pm-5:30pm)
|Children (under 4ft 10' tall)||£3.50|
Grand Evening Buffet
Sunday - Thursday (5:30 - 11:00 pm)
|Children (under 4ft 10' tall)||£6.50|
What Sets Them Apart
The buffet restaurant is known for its wide selections of delectable Thai, Malay, Chinese and Japanese dishes and desserts at affordable prices.
Why Dine Here
The May Sum restaurant has a bright, airy and cozy interiors with relatively dark furniture, which appeals to a more mature audience than its competitors (e.g., Big Wok).
While it’s a family-friendly place, most of its adult diners express satisfaction with its calmer and cozier vibe than Big Wok’s more frenzied atmosphere because of the numerous teenagers present.
In terms of the food and drink selections, the restaurant offers its diners with several selections including:
- The Grand Buffet, which has several sumptuous dishes including Salt and Pepper Prawns, Mixed Seafood Thai Curry, Steamed Fish, Butterfly King Prawns, and Seasonal Lamb
- The Teppanyaki station, which allows diners to create their own dishes while the professional chefs cook them. Choices include fish fillets, squid, tiger king prawns, beef rump steak, and lamb.
- The Sushi station, which includes California rolls, sashimi station, mackerel, and rice sushi, even vegetarian sushi
- The Starters Station, which has Spare Ribs in Barbecue Sauce, Sesame Seed Prawns and Toast, and Chicken Wings, as well as several types of soups like Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup.
- The Main Courses Station, which offers over 70 dishes prepared in the styles of Thai, Japanese, and Chinese cuisines. Choices include dishes with freshly-prepared chicken, beef, and king prawns. These are available with sauce accompaniments like black bean sauce, kung po sauce, and satay sauce, among others
- The Salad Bar has a range of delicious and healthy fresh salads
- The Dessert Bar has several types of sweet treats including soft ice cream and chocolate fountain with fresh fruits for dips.
Diners can also enjoy the world-class selection of spirits, beer, and in-house cocktails. Add the efficient wait staff and chefs into the mix and the dining experience is, indeed, one of the more memorable in the area.