Our hair is our crown of glory. That is the reason why both men and women give so much time, energy, and money in making their hair look gorgeous. Most people have at least three bottles of hair care products in their home such as shampoo, conditioner, and styling creams and gels.
The advertisements that you see on magazines, billboards, television and online may encourage you to buy different hair care and beauty products so you can achieve model-like hair. However, you do not need to spend a lot of money on these expensive shampoos and salon treatments to make your hair beautiful and keep it healthy. There are natural hair care techniques that you can do on your own daily. If you need additional tips, hairstylists at Rush Salons are highly trained in natural care. Here are some tips for a healthy, bouncy, and shiny hair:
Tip 1: Keep your hair and scalp clean
- DO: Wash your hair regularly with cool water. The most common cause of hair fall is dandruff and itchy scalp. Having a clean hair and scalp will help you avoid these problems.
- DON’T: Avoid taking hot showers. Hot water makes your hair dry and brittle.
Tip 2: Dry your hair carefully.
- DO: After taking a bath, slowly dry your hair with a clean towel, then let it air dry.
- DON’T: Avoid using blow dryers. The heat from these equipments causes your hair to become dry and brittle.
Tip 3: Have a healthy diet.
- DO: Eat fruits, vegetables, and protein-rich food like lean meat, fish, and poultry.
- DON’T: Avoid eating junk foods and sweets.
Tip 4: Comb your hair properly.
- DO: Use a hair brush or wide-tooth comb instead of thin bristled combs.
- DON’T: Avoid brushing your hair while it is still wet. Let it air-dry first.
Tip 5: Give your hair a treat.
- DO: If you have dry, damaged hair, you must give it a treat at least once a month. It is better to use natural home remedies such as coconut milk, egg, and honey to treat your hair. These treatments make your hair look beautiful without side effects.
- DON’T: Avoid chemical treatments. No matter how enticing their advertisements are; commercial hair treatments usually cause more damage than cure to your hair. They can give you instant results but they can also have permanent side effects.
Tip 6: Keep it in style.
- DO: Trim your hair regularly to avoid split hairs and dry ends. If you are game for a change, you can change your hair cut at least once every year.
- DON’T: Avoid changing the cover of your hair too often. This will definitely damage your hair even if you avail of expensive treatments.
For girls: Avoid using hair curling or straightening irons.
For boys: Avoid using styling gels or creams. If you need to, just remember to wash them off before going to sleep.
Tip 7: Accessorize your hair. (For girls)
- DO: You can use hair clips, head bands, and ribbons to make your hair prettier.
- DON’T: Avoid tying your hair to tightly. It would make your hair brittle.
Taking care of your hair should not be too expensive. Follow the tips above so you can say goodbye to bad hair days.